Quick Exit

What to do if you are worried about a child

Concerned about a Child in Wokingham

If you have any worries about a child or young person who you feel is being ill-treated, abused or neglected you should contact Children's Services immediately. Children and their parents may need help urgently.

Who to contact

  • All immediate concerns should be discussed with a social worker by calling the WBC Referral and Assessment Team (Children's Safeguarding and Social Care Team) on telephone 0118 908 8002 or by email: triage@wokingham.gov.uk
  • For concerns out of hours contact the Emergency Duty Team - out of office hours: telephone: 01344 786 543
  • If you are a professional you can find further information on our for professionals pages

You can also discuss your concerns with:

  • Thames Valley Police: Telephone 101
  • NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) 24 hour helpline: 0808 800 5000

Call 999 in an emergency or if you believe a child is in immediate danger

Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board and the Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board as a joint venture, commissioned the production of a safeguarding film to raise awareness of safeguarding issues for children and adults and how to report a concern. They have kindly given their permission for it to be shared. 

Wokingham Children's Services MARF
MARF - Multi Agency Referral Form


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article