LSCB Training and Development Programme
How to apply for training
- For Wokingham Borough Council courses: My Learning (previously called MyLearningPlace) is the learning and resources site for WBC staff and our partners. The site is internet based allowing you to access this anytime, anywhere, and not just from your work PC and can be access at My Learning
- For Reading Borough Council courses: click here
- For West Berkshire Council courses: please apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org
A place on any course can't be guaranteed, but please note the course date/s in your diary and submit your application as soon as possible.
Places on courses will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Confirmation of places on training courses will be sent to applicants 3 weeks before the course date. Please contact the administering training team if you haven't heard anything 2 weeks prior to the course date.
It is good practice to keep your own training team notified of applications you make direct to other authorities. This enables them to keep an accurate record of your training.
Cancellations should be made no later than 5 working days before the course date.
If you don't attend the course, without good reason, your organisation will be charged the full cost of providing the training place.
In some cases this may be in excess of the agreed charge for the course.
General course guidelines
All courses start at 9:30am and finish at 4:30pm unless otherwise stated.
Delegates should arrive at the venue 15 minutes before the start for registration.
- Please inform the training team of any specific learning / mobility/ religious requirements you may have
- Please complete the Individual Evaluation Forms / Action Plans on the day of training
- Certificates will be issued on satisfactory completion of the training
This training programme:
Has been designed for all staff and volunteers from all agencies and organisations who work with children, young people and their families
- Has been developed across the West of Berkshire through the training sub-group of the LSCBs - Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham
- Demonstrates the LSCB's - Local Safeguarding Children's Board - commitment to providing a comprehensive, quality assured and effective training programme in the West of Berkshire
- Is for those people who come in contact with children and young people and those who work with adults who are parent/s or carers
- Reflects the training needs as identified by the training sub group, these include current developments and changes in policies and practice
- Offers training to increase participant’s knowledge and skills in the area of Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Aims to build and strengthen working relationships between agencies, in order to promote and deliver high quality service provision that will provide better outcomes for children and young people
- Will be published and distributed on an annual basis and the contents of the training programme
- Aims to promote anti-discriminatory practice, and reflect cultural diversity and all courses should address these issues
Download Related Documents:
Training Programme 2018/19
Training Programme 2018/19